This post was originally published in February 2017 and was updated September 2018.
Well, hello, friends! You’ve caught me on a great day because it’s time for ANOTHER bathroom makeover reveal!!! This time, it’s a guest bathroom makeover. If you haven’t seen our master bathroom makeover, you can check it out here, as well as our upstairs bathroom renovation. You can say we’re experts by now, ha! They’re all pretty, and so is this one. Let me tell you, you’re in for a treat!
Like our master bath, this guest bathroom was a big blob of tan.
Thankfully, this tan blob was short-lived. With a lot of love, caulk, and elbow grease, this bathroom tRaNsFoRmEd!!!
Scroll to the bottom to shop the room.
Did you hear that? I think those were angels singing all the way from heaven.
*Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy an item after clicking a link, I may receive a small commission from the purchase at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep this blog up and running. Thank you!*
Guest Bathroom Makeover DIY Checklist
Before I show you more pictures, let’s take a split-second list all the upgrades Andrew and I completed…
- Painted the walls with the color “Sea Salt” by Sherwin Williams, color-matched with Behr Marquee.
- Tore out the old vanity and installed a new vanity with sink top. We found this vanity on OfferUp (a local buy/sell app) for $180, about 67% off! It was originally from Home Depot.
- Added guard pieces to the bottom and left sides of the vanity to prevent water from getting into tight spaces.
- Installed a new faucet on the vanity. This was also from OfferUp, where we saved about 60%.
- Installed a tiled backsplash. This was a first for us both – more on that below.
- Installed new baseboard, which was taller and cleaner than our old stuff.
- Installed a new light fixture – also from OfferUp, where we saved about 40%.
- Hung a new mirror – I found this mirror at a store called Tuesday Morning. I would have framed the existing mirror (like we did in our other bathroom), but it was too big for the space.
- Updated decor
The Grumpy Cat portrait was a fun touch when we moved in, but it was time to relocate!
One of the most interesting parts of this project was installing the backsplash. Neither of us had done this before, so there was a learning curve! We narrowed our choice down to these two options from The Home Depot and chose the left one to stay consistent with the bathroom’s simple theme.
I think we made a good choice!
I was also strangely excited about our new faucet! It’s the type of faucet where you feel like you’re washing your hands from a hose, but in a fancy way. We bought this one on OfferUp, but you can find a similar one here on Amazon.
The Bathroom Decor
I did a bit of Pinterest-ing before I bought decor for the bathroom. When I came across this shelf at Hobby Lobby with the hanging bar for a hand towel, I knew it would be a perfect way to use this space! If you can’t find it at Hobby Lobby, there’s a similar shelf here or here on Amazon for a decent price.
I loved the idea of a basket behind the toilet with extra toilet paper because I’d hate to have a get-together at my house and leave a guest in an awkward situation!
I found this wire basket at Michael’s in their Spring 2017 line. I’m not sure if it’s still available, but Hobby Lobby always has tons of cute baskets and may have something similar!
We recently completed our third bathroom makeover, and we’re always looking for more ways to upgrade our home! Make sure to take a look at all our before and afters, and if you’d like to be one of the first to know about my new posts, you can sign up for my e-mails here:
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our guest bathroom makeover! I hope this guest bathroom makeover has given you a bit of inspiration to take a room in your home to the next level. It’s amazing what you can do with just a coat of paint!
Shop the Room
- Bathroom Faucet – Bought locally, similar style here.
- Wall Shelf with Hanging Rod – Hobby Lobby, similar, affordable styles here and here.
- Mirror – Tuesday Morning, or a similar style here.
- Toilet Paper Basket – Michael’s, similar style here.
- Shelf Decor – Hobby Lobby
- Wall Decor – Hobby Lobby
- Hand Towel – Kohl’s